05 November 2006

the latest

The latest news with this site is that Blogger is still down - meaning we can post, but can't view our sites or other sites... It's really annoying. There is a way around it by going to one of the illegal sites that let's you search for anthing on the net (blocked or unblocked), but these are often slow and unfriendly and usually I can't be bothered with the whole process. So I don't think I'll post much until it's back and running again.

About 3 weeks ago Tracey and I bought bicyles, which has been a great investment. I've been riding to and from work everyday which is lots of fun and helps me stay fit.

I'm starting to become more aware of the grime and dirtyness of this place. I often go outside and within a few hours feel dirty - dirty hands and face and your clothes can look and feel a bit dirty. The pollution - hazy sky thing has been a bit more noticeable over the last month. There's not really bad smells in the air, but there must be a lot of pollution. Although I'm sure it's nothing like some of the industrial Chinese cities.

The Chinese language is improving ever so slightly. I get frustrated at times that I'm not already an expert!! But, have to reassure myself that it's a long process to learn a language and it won't happen over night. I feel that my listening is improving, but my speaking is very ordinary. I now have a tutor (a Chinese student) who comes to our place 3 mornings a week, so I'm sure this will help me to improve. I'm also seriously considering enrolling in the university course which is 5 mornings a week for 4 hours each day, but I don't think this starts until February.

Other than all of that, we're both looking forward to going to Hokaido, Japan to ski for the Christmas week, which isn't all that far away.

3 comments:

matt said...

Hey Andrew, bummer about blogger being blocked again. Can you read comments? What I've heard is that the internet working party meets each week to decide which websites to block. When Ngy turns up, he always makes them unblock blogger but when he's off sick or on holidays, Yng makes them block it again. Yng used to have a blog on blogger but nobody read it except for one guy who left a nasty comment. So Yng hates blogger.

Wurly said...

hey, I'm reading these comments now through one of those sites I was mentioning...

I like your theory, Matt - are those names significant?

jnxyz said...

can you get good cricket coverage tho?!
and when do we see a pic of your Mo?