27 August 2006

So here we are


That's me looking out on the big lake near where we live. Sometimes I wonder why I do the things I do. I mean, I'm now starting to develop a pattern and routine in my life again - being back at work brings that about. But I still seem to have a lot of spare time to myself. I get really bored at times and miss English language TV, DVDs, English language books, my drums or guitars or just something else to break up the boredom. So I muck around on the computer a lot. However this is mostly wasteful idle trolling through music internet sites, email and adding to this and flickr.

Boredom is an ongoing fascintation to me. I am often bored and often ponder why and I bored? Why can't I find more meaningful things to do? Well - this post is already personal enough, so I'll stop for the moment. Here's an interesting quote on boredom:

Your true traveller finds boredom rather agreeable than painful. It is the symbol of his liberty - his excessive freedom. He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure. Aldous Huxley.

11 comments:

Wurly said...

this comment is boring.

Wurly said...

One of my favourite things to do... the "BORING" chant....

Good places to try it out: a political speech, a meeting, at Church, when someone's talking about something they're interested in...

nancyshack said...

...commenting on your own blog...? You must be bored!

jnxyz said...

you were always so good at the mundane game...

downtime balances the uptime eh?

Wurly said...

Mundane game... yeah I am the mundane game.

Boredom update: Today I bought the 5th Season of South Park on DVD for $5 Aust; and yesterday I bought a basketball (there's a hoop at our complex) - so boredom's over!!!!!

matt said...

I'm getting boredom vibes from here too.

nancyshack said...

Let's start the Mundane game on Wurly's comments....I wore pants to work today...

Wurly said...

I'm at the computer now - typing this in.

cyberpainter said...

Hey Andrew, are you un-bored yet?

jnxyz said...

There's a few clouds in the sky, but its dark...

Wurly said...

I'm unbored again... yeah it's good - got the whole series 3 and 5 of South Park, the first series of the Office, heaps of movies and a basketball to keep me entertained. I'm also trying to organise our next holiday - we're hoping to go skiing in Sapporo, Japan for Christmas.