18 August 2006

Chinglish


I taught my first English lesson last night. It was to be to a group of about 12 young professionals from a corporation, but only 2 showed up. That kind of threw me - ie all my group exercises went out the window (I can hear all you teachers out their laughing). But I soldiered on and by the end of it - 2 hours later - I was actually enjoying myself. Maybe it's the power - the power to "program their little minds" as someone used to say...

Tracey (posing as a trainee teacher) actually sat in for the first half to provide me with feedback later on. And according to her I did quite well which was nice to know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope not all your lesson plans are based around your favourite obscure bands. But well done, and loooking forward to reading more. (I'm just a bit pissed at the moment so not feeling terribly coherent or interesting)

Wurly said...

hey the s-lab boys are online! Yeah - if anyone needed help with this, I didn't actually "teach that Stereolab" lesson... it's not that exciting...

jnxyz said...

western imperialism!

nancyshack said...

hey s'lab people, how come wurly gets more comments than me??!!??

Wurly said...

Karel - I played some background music in class the other day for a particular exercise. I used your "Baroque Psych World Series VII: Piero Umiliani - Moondog" mix CD (from March '04)... in particular the first two tracks by Piero Umiliani and Nico Fidenco!!