29 June 2007

Bad Chinese fashion statements

First of all, I really want to respond to some of the comments on this blog, but I can't because it is blocked by the Ch!nese Government and has been for sometime. But I did manage to recently set up the function that allows me to get all comments emailed to me. So I am reading them and although I'd like to respond in real-time, I can't.

Anyway, this post is to talk about some bad choices when it comes to Chinese fashion. I'd like to post some photos to go with this sometime, if I can.

1 Young Chinese men wearing crop-top T-shirts. Well, during summer many men walk around with their T-shirts rolled up to just below their armpits... eeeeww...

2 The good old jeans with high heels combo. One for the women, and usually combined with gaudy jewelery and flashy, glitzy 'extras'... But the jeans and high heels combo, looks awkward and way too Imelda Marcos.

3 Oversize button up shirts that men wear. At least 2-3 sizes too big. Now, I'm not advocating muscle shirts for China, and I don't wear them myself (although my hunky muscles are crying out for more exposure), but let's start wearing clothes that actually fit. A few times, staff at work have said that I like wearing 'tight' clothes... Actually, I wear clothes that fit...

4 Split pants... yes, the babies are not missing out here... split pants - pants with a gaping whole exposing your bottom and hooly-dooly (or girlie bits) so you can let rip with a dump anywhere you like... the park, the road, even allegedly inside shops... and why not!

1 comment:

matt said...

why not indeed!