
"woh woh, woopsy daisy"
From Murray:
"In China, we don't have software blocking Internet sites. Sometimes we have trouble accessing them. But that's a different problem...I've heard people say that the BBC is not available in China or that it's blocked. I'm sure I don't know why people say this kind of thing. We do not have restrictions at all."
-- Chinese official at UN summit in Athens, denying the existence of the well-documented Great Firewall of China
(by the way, this image isn't related, it's just funny)

3 comments:
Yes very funny. It must just be some kind of user incompetence on a mass scale that is causing certain sites to disappear. Or maybe it is that on a deep subconscious level you are self censoring.
Yng and the other guy are purely fictional. I was just trying to imagine how these decisions are made. Are those even real Chinese names? I just went for an unpronounceable combination of letters. (though I've come across many Indians who find 'thew' to be a real tongue twister.)
Are you suggesting the ministry for funny walks are also in charge of the internet...
I want to stage one of those photos now... maybe everyone could have a go and post their results on flickr - we could even start a group just based around imitating falling over stances...
And yeah my subconcious could be trying to pull one of those sensoring tricks... Maybe if I stay here long enough I'll start to think that certain well documented things from history never occurred...
I thought it looks like he's preparing to do the limbo, but the bar is just out of shot.
Post a Comment