17 June 2007

2 weeks and counting

Updating the earlier post about the "don't wizz in the elevator" sign, here's the proof. This has been up for 2 weeks now, in both of our elevators. There doesn't appear to be much evidence of anyone removing it, but Nancy stuck it up with quite strong adhesive, so I think it will be there for sometime. Apparently the translation was slightly incorrect, so no doubt most Chinese people will deduce that someone with bad Chinese created it, ie a Westerner. Anyway, we are happy with our work, it brightens up our days when things aren't going so well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am curious as to how one creates chinese text like that. I was of the understanding that some of the symbols are actual words in themselves. so what does your keyboard look like ? Is it single letters like ours ? Are their symbols (i.e. $ # ( ) ? etc) the same as ours or the funny little squiggles n stuff.

Congratulations on not getting hit with the 'wee bat' everyday.

Can I suggest on your next advisory sign to perhaps make purposeful mistakes as that of the ones you have encountered to give all a little chuckle. Would they even see the humour ?

Anonymous said...

But is it working? Has the smell of urine diminished?