20 December 2006

cute kids


These kids are so cute. These are my grade 4 students - there's 18 of them and I may only get to teach them one more time, so I thought I'd take a photo... My other group of school kids are grade 5 students, and I don't like them anywhere near as much - I'll be happy when that course ends. But this group is really special, they are cute and usually eager to learn English. And when they don't understand something, they have this funny looking confused look on their faces that is priceless.

I know this is an obvious statement, but it's fascinating observing them all and seeing their different personalities at such a young age... you can see the smart ones, the funny ones, the loner types, the ones that are quiet and studious, the ones who are bored, the ones who try to get the teacher's approval all the time... it's a tiny snapshot of society, which is pretty cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you teach them a couple of swear words before you finish. Or at least "I'm over it" and "I'll see what happens"

Wurly said...

ha ha.... good one.

matt said...

that kid at the back doesn't look Chinese to me